2013 Wisconsin Act 270 establishes a uniform commercial building code in Wisconsin, while allowing municipalities to grandfather fire detection, prevention, and suppression ordinances that relate to the construction, alteration, or addition to a public building or building that is a place of employment.
Grandfathered Ordinances for Bayside
(4) State and federal codes adopted. In addition to the regulations standards and procedures hereinafter set forth, compliance shall be made with the provisions of the DSPS and the most current state adopted edition of the NFPA (NFPA Chapters: NFPA 1, NFPA 101, SPS 314, and International Building Code, (IBC)) as it relates to fire prevention.
Regulation for fire department connections (FDC) fire sprinklers, automatic fire suppression systems, and standpipes (NFPA 24, 13, 14, 15, 16, 13R and NFPA 1(13)).
(1) Where a FDC for each standpipe, automatic fire suppression system, or fire sprinkler system is in place, there shall be a fire hydrant within a distance determined by the AHJ.
(2) Fire department connections shall be located not less than 18 inches or more than 48 inches above the level of the adjoining ground, sidewalk, or grade surface.
(3) Time of compliance of new and existing establishments. All new establishments subject to this section shall comply therewith before a permit of occupancy is granted by the building inspector and fire chief or designee. All existing establishments built prior to January 1, 2005, are exempt, except that any new additions to previously exempted buildings must comply with current codes.
(4) FDC shall be five-inch Storz connection.